For the past couple of months, I have been making the case that content marketing is the strategy of choice for marketers who want their clients to be found by real and relevant potential customers. Results can be gotten rather early on and they will last a long time.
Realizing that there are obstacles to accepting that content marketing is the strategy of choice I made my case to overcome objections and concerns that I hear.
10 Point Case For Making Content Marketing Your Strategy of Choice
1. I offered up a strategy to ‘win’ in any niche at content marketing and any other venture for that matter.
2. I shared a case study, applying the strategy of point one, that offers hard proof that content marketing works. Indeed there still are some businesses who don’t know what content marketing is, how it works and if it really works.
3. I explained the differences between the various online marketing strategies. Related but distinct in their emphases.
4. Anticipating questions, I offered up case studies that demonstrate how long it takes to see real organic search results, starting from zero. How fast can you get your clients real organic traffic? I know.
5. I stepped into the ‘debate’ on long versus short content and offered up which of the two I have found to be a clear winner with more case studies to demonstrate how I know.
6. When content marketers offer up a lot of material the general criticism is that the quality must suffer. This is not true. I showed why.
7. I maintain that social media marketing (let the reader understand the difference between the two) will outperform social network marketing. In fact there really is no contest and I offered up some of my research. This is where I got myself into a bit of trouble. It seems that others have not had the same experience … or so they say.
8. There are 4 reasons why I think Social Networking is a bad content strategy and I offered up my support for those reasons.
9. Tying things together I proffered up my new definition for Search Engine Optimization. The search engines keep changing their strategies. They can do that, because the search engines belong to them. I tossed out my strategy that I think can endure any changes made going forward. In fact, I’d like to tell search engines what they should be doing rather than chase their changes.
10. Lastly, I offered up my two choices for what I’d rather have than backlinks in hopes of leading the search engines where I think they should go if they are not there already or preparing to head in that direction. I know the value of backlinks. I also know there are some elements that are even more valuable.
Content marketing on your home site will consistently outperform any other marketing effort.
What has been your experience?
The Shout Out
How about you? What has been your experience with content marketing? Have you made it work? Care to share? Didn’t work for you? How about letting me know where you think things went wrong? Wanna share?
My articles here at SEJ are factual and supported by actual case studies that I have firsthand experience with.
I welcome the opportunity to see your content strategy in the social networks, on your home site or a combination of both and your strategy’s effectiveness or lack of and I will gladly publish results here giving credit where due if desired. Or fiercely guard your anonymity if that’s what you prefer.
Contact me at email@example.com and show me what you got. Confidentiality protected. And lets talk.
Lets determine the absolute best content marketing strategy there is and help the search engines do their job better so we content marketers can do ours better.
Write well, get read.