Vince Lombardi. Now that guy is a teacher and a motivator.
I remember a Bart Starr (anybody NOT know who he is?) quote. “When Coach told you to sit down, you didn’t go looking for a chair.”
Lombardi is a “national symbol of single-minded determination.”
Another story I read about Lombardi was one morning he was riding to the stadium for a regular workout. He was riding shotgun, his wife was driving and one of his coaches was sitting in between them. When they arrived Lomardi turned, kissed the coach and told his wife good-bye and went to work.
The man behind the Lombardi Trophy has much to teach bloggers as well.
1. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” If you’re going to blog, commit to doing it with excellence.
2. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” Bloggers get knocked down, too. Good bloggers get back up.
3. ” The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.” Good bloggers want it really badly.
4. “The harder you work, the harder it is to give up.” If you ever feel like giving up on blogging, it’s because you haven’t put enough effort into it yet.
5. “In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” I know what will happen with my blog if I do NOT try.
6. “Football is like life – it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.” Remove football and insert blogging.
7. “We know how rough the road will be, how heavy the load will be, we know about the barricades that wait along the track, but we have set our soul ahead upon a certain goal ahead and nothing left from hell to sky shall ever turn us back.” The determination to never give up will do more to ensure success at blogging than anything other thing.
I realize that people will look at me funny and think, “He gets that pumped up about blogging?!” And I think the same about people who go nuts about football.
It’s not about football or blogging, it’s about being determined to be the best at what you do and to making a difference in people’s lives.
I just want that by blogging.
What do you give your heart, soul, mind and strength, too?