BILL BELEW IS A CONTENT MARKETING EXPERT BASED IN THE BAY AREA OF SILICON VALLEY. YOU FOUND HIM; HE CAN TEACH YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS HOW TO BE FOUND. CONTACT HIM BY USING THE COMMENT FORM BELOW.
For the past couple of years I have been working with startups, small businesses, authors and individuals (consultants) who are wanting more people to come to their web site.
They did NOT want more visibility as in more likes, more followers. They want more people to be on their site looking at their services.
Content Marketing Gets Results
I also taught a full 48-hour course in a graduate program at a university in downtown San Jose.
40 some odd case studies later and I have confirmed what works and what doesn’t … again and again and again.
I have also learned that people and businesses bring different kinds of needs.
Some are busy. They just want to write a check and send me on my way to the work for them.
Others are busy but they do not want to depend on my forever. This is my preferred method.
I like to work myself out of a job.
I like to teach people how to create their own in-house team OR create a team of their own (outsourced or otherwise) and managed in-house.
In other words, I want to work myself out of a job. And I have. Several times.
I can help you create your own team as well.
The 9 steps:
1. Make a commitment to content marketing. It takes time to see the results, to climb out of the sandbox. But the results will last a long time.
2. Find someone who understands the difference between Social Media Marketing and Social Network Marketing. You want to know where to spend your limited time and resources wisely.
3. Know what it takes to write enough content to get results. Where do the ideas for articles come from? How many articles do I need to write? And about what? I can fill up a whiteboard pretty quickly with ideas. Before long it will NOT be what does my team write about but where do we start?
4. Find writers. Yeah, that’s the easy part … sometimes. But you need writers who understand the New Search Engine Optimization techniques. No more doing things to ‘trick’ the search engines. Yeah, how’d that work out.
5. Train the writers. If your team doesn’t know, let’s get them up to speed quickly. Then they need to be managed.
6. Manage the writers. The editor will keep the writers on topic and will continue to feed the writers ideas and ensure posts are done on a consistent schedule.
7. Calls to Action – Content marketing done right will get people to your site. What do you want readers to do AFTER they come? Get your Calls-to-Action right.
8. Analytics – How do we know what is working and what isn’t? How can we know what else to write about and what to stay away from? How can we know which articles are getting results? Which numbers are important to watch?
9. Rinse and repeat – you can’t refine anything until you have something to refine. Content marketing is pull marketing. The numbers will grow. Now that you have numbers, how to make those numbers work for you?
4 Questions to consider:
- Do you want to have your own content marketing team?
- Do you need help recruiting and training writers?
- Does your editor need help? Do you have experience on types of calls to action?
- Are you looking at the right numbers?
I can answer all of these questions for you from my experience of what actually has worked from real, recent and relevant case studies. I can walk you through the 9 steps at as brisk a pace as you can go … until you are ready to let go of my hand. And the sooner the better.
Ask me for help.
You know you want to.