When you create a website, the most important thing to do is to promote that blog. I have created a blog – MY PHOTOGRAPHY, and I wanted to promote it for business purposes. I took Marketing with Social Media class which was taught by Bill Belew who was a professional blogger. This week, I wanted to share my thoughts on how to promote a website which I am planning to do. Here are some of my thoughts on how to promote your own blog:
- Be consistent when blogging. You need not be frequent in blogging, but be sure to be consistent either in daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis so that the readers will know when you are publishing a post
- Do not pretend to be others. Write in your own words. Many of them create a website as if they are famous people like a sports person, film actors or politicians to gain the attraction of readers. This results in a downfall of your blog.
- Make your website visually appealing by adding colorful photos and content so that it can be an eye catcher. Even if your website is very good at content, if it is lacking visually, readers may not get attracted.
- Share your website through various social media networks such as Facebook, linkedIn, Twitter, Orkut, Google+ and etc. Through your profile, business pages and advertisements.
- Do not add the information which was not yours. Many people will be copying stuff from other websites and pasting in their blog. This makes the users get a negative impact on your blog.
- Make sure you comment on similar blogs and also include the link to your blog so that your website can be viewed through other blogs for other readers can visit your site and increase the number of views.
- Do not try to attract users of another domain blog. For example, my blog is about photography and if I try to attract users of filmmaker through my website, there is a chance that I will loose my readers who are interested in photography.
- Allow users to write feedbacks and comments on your blog and keep replying to them all the time.
[easy_sign_up title=”Get Free Access to the Content Marketing Forum for Life”]