It is certain that once your website or blog is live, you would be interested in its visitors and its performance. Here are 5 ways to track traffic at your blog / web site:
1. Google Adplanner: It is the first website that I would recommend as mainly the advertisers view other website’s performance here to seek good place for advertising, so it is the most authentic source to track web traffic. It is a free service.
2. Alexa: It is another popular traffic checker. Well, it involves more clicks, but the results are valid. Detailed information can be found on Alexa. It doesn’t charge you from checking the stats.
3. VisiStat: It is a paid service. VisitStat offers Real-time tracking. Just as Alexa, VisiStat also displays the reports in graphical form.
4. Biz Information: It exhibits the number of unique visitors in graphical form. It also tracks the submissions in social networking websites such as Digg, etc.
5. URL Trends: It displays from where the users are coming. The reports navigation provides details of the traffic. But, this is also paid service.
After tracking the traffic, you must endeavor to increase the traffic via legitimate methods. Back links are counted among legitimate methods for boosting up the traffic to the website. Check out the ways with which you can get genuine back links.