This week Prof. Bill has given us an assignment to create better titles for our blog posts. Question people like me (non- blogger/ beginners) would normally ask is why are titles so important. What if I post a title like - Almonds- The king of Nuts! - will this work? It may not because I haven’t used the number of characters provided in an efficient way. Whereas my other post Garlic Lovers- Here are some things you should know… This title is self explanatory and reader can immediately tell by reading what this post would be about.
Examples of successful articles written on Skyword:
- Hairstyles for Bridesmaids: 3 Different Styles, 3 Easy Steps!
- How to Find The Best Skin Care Products For You
- At Home Facial: 10 Steps of a Spa Facial
- How to Get Your Gas Prices Down to $1/Gallon Like Billionaire Boone Pickens
- Is Aloe Vera Good for Your Face?
The Above titles are explanatory enough to drive readers attention. Titles are very important. Good titles will drive traffic. Readers will want to read your posts. If the titles is interesting enough, they will click on the titles. What do you think about these titles- Do you want to read these? If you like any of these titles Leave me your comments and also check these posts for some interesting facts.
- Top 10 ways to keep your teeth healthy
- Do Indian Spices have health benefits?
- Why sleep is important, Health benefits of a good, peaceful sleep!
- Home remedies for cold, cough and allergies
- Top 10 reasons why skin gets damaged over time
- Acne problem? No problem! Follow these steps and you are sure to see results
- Top 10 Homemade face packs
- Ras Malai- the king of Indian deserts- simply irresistible!
- Cucumber and its Health Benefits
Make your titles short and crisp but still using the character limit (character limit searchable by the search engines- about 60 characters). Titles should be explanatory. Blog titles should convey a message in a way that it creates curiosity in readers mind. you never know why a reader would want to read your post. If your titles are vague, it will not generate enough traffic. Titles which do not indicate the content to the post are ignored mots of the time and not even clicked once. Don’t mislead your audience. Titles should be indicative of the content of the post.