My husband is a newbie in blogosphere. Suddenly, day before yesterday, while he was trying to understand the things at the dashboard, he asked me about Comments.
He was so happy to see so many comments in the Comments column. So, he started asking me how we receive comments, etc.
In the meantime I noticed that almost all the comments were spam. This Spam is a real trouble for all the bloggers. I tried to find ways guard my blog from spam comments. Here is what I found:
1. In the blog, you will see Akismetic plugin. Once you click on activate, it will ask you the API key. Get the key and insert it to activate the plug-in. It saves the spam data and automatically filters it once it recognizes the content matching the spam database.
2. You should regularly check your blog in the search engines. They are also an authentic source to know whether any spam is there on your blog or not.
3. WP Captcha-Free automatically tests whether the comments are coming from humans or computers. The time used by the commenter to fill in the alpha-numeric characters of the captcha is utilized by the plugin to judge the authenticity of the comment.
4. WP-SpamFree is another power-packed plug-in to guard your website off the spam. It also discovers the spam bots and humans to protect your website.
5. TrollGuard plugin safeguards your blog from the spam comments.