The reason why many eCommerce sites lose business these days is their complicated checkout procedures.
6 Steps for Ecommerce Checkout Optimization:
- Never force users to create an account or to register in order to complete their purchase, as this will come as an obstacle in the checkout process. Users usually like to purchase a product or service quickly without spending much time in registration.
- Make sure to keep a simple and short checkout process for the customers. Just ask for some important personal information about the customer like their address details and payment information.
- Don’t distract the customer by offering unnecessary information. Just bring them quickly to the order confirmation page before they change their mind to order anything from your site.
- It is also important to assure the customers about the confidentiality of their card details. Make sure to show your customers about the safety measures you adopt to keep their card details secure.
- Don’t hide any shipping or delivery costs from your customers, else your customers might not return to your site again in future… or worse.
- Most importantly, keep the form filling procedure very simply and intuitive even for a first time internet user.
But first you have to get people to show up to your site.
That’s what I do best. Reach out and I will teach you how.
You know you want to.