In content marketing, it is very important to plan for months ahead with your strategy to ensure that your content marketing campaign is in accordance with your business goals, is targeting the right audience, performing as expected and that all the stakeholders involved in the process of creating content are working in sync with each other.
Apart from keeping the content consistent and relevant, an editorial calendar allows you to track your content marketing campaign at a glance and analyze the performance.
To plan your editorial calendar:
- Track important dates and business milestones that you can emphasize with your content.
- Include an overview of the planned content and content types.
These two steps should give an idea about the topics that you can cover and also re-purpose the content for different distribution channels.
- Include business selling cycles, quarters and product launches while planning your calendar to develop content accordingly.
- Give a brief overview of business goals specific to content projects being developed.
- Include metrics like traffic, conversions, linkbacks to track the performance of every content piece created.
- Create separate editorial calendars specific to various content types to track the performance and plan the next batch accordingly.
Some of the parameters that you need to include in your content specific editorial calendar include
- Publish Date
- Tentative Title
- Call To Action
- Social Media Marketing channels for distribution
Adding more parameters like keywords, categories and call to action will help you with your local SEO marketing efforts, optimization and conversions. Also, these can help you decide on the future call to actions, content repurposing and also ideas for new content.
Need help creating an editorial calendar for your content marketing strategy? Get in touch with us today!