How can I find somebody to guest blog at my site or ask me to guest blog at theirs?
This is a great question and something every serious business blogger should be asking themselves.
The answer is easy. Making it happen is not so easy. But, as Yoda might say, “There is another…” way to get an invitation and to find guests to write for you.
Of course, if you’re wondering why do this in the first place, I wrote about it at How much does it cost to get a good backlink from a real web site?
What to do?
1. Write really good stuff. So much so that people can’t help but notice you and WANT you to be on their site. It happens. More often than you might imagine.
2. Read other blogs and leave real comments. So much so that the blog/web site owner notices, approves and comes to check your site out.
3. Go to the contact me/us section of most any site and work the steps. Make a short yet legitimate pitch on why you’d be a good fit as a guest blogger.
4. Invite a favorite blogger to write for you. They’ll do it if they have the time. I am busy, but I get asked. And I still make time.
5. Interview a favorite blogger at your site. Chances are they will reciprocate…but not always.
Here’s a 7th way.
7. Join a business blogging membership forum and hang out with serious bloggers. People serious enough to pony up a subscription to be there.
I have created just such an animal.
Join. Invite. Get invited.
It’s just $20/month…for now. Read about these 20 other business blogging benefits you can get for just $20/month if you need more convincing.