Headlines make people read your blog. They should be interesting and catchy. Here are 20 best tips to make compelling headlines:
1. Write emotional headlines as people connect emotionally.
2. Make simple headlines. Do not include so many things in a single headline. For example, in some headlines both the problem and solutions are talked about. This shouldn’t be done if you want the best results. Stick to one thing at a time.
3. People love to read newspapers because they are curious to know. Make headlines that arouse curiosity among the readers.
4. Make the announcements exciting to grab reader’s attention.
5. The headline should aim at solving some problem or challenges of the readers.
6. Headlines making wild promises are read quite frequently.
7. There are many people who want to know “How to”. Making headlines such as “How to make money online?” lets you gain more readers.
8. Putting up a provocative question in the headline works a lot.
9. Search headline ideas at various places such as Digg, Cosmopolitan, Readers Digest etc.
10. Create campaigns to connect with like-minded people.
11. Make headlines to offer practical tips.
12. Make unique headlines respecting copyright.
13. Headline should be a gist of the article.
14. A testimonial headline makes your blog authentic.
15. A command headline unveils your prospect.
16. Use stealing templates such as Warning, Are you…., Ways to…., etc.
17. Brevity is the soul of wit. So if possible keep it short and crisp.
18. Use ambiguity by writing funny phrases.
19. Use numbers and statistics.
20. Create your own terminology.