What if I told you that you can get a sleuth of people coming to your website daily and organically?
How about “likes” on your Facebook page without you buying marketing boosts from them? Twitter followers? Instagram?
Or any social media outlet – how would you like to increase traffic to that as well?
Well then, start blogging!
Blogging is so important to your business and I believe it is the lifeline of today’s online marketing strategic move you HAVE to take in order to be found on the Internet today. So how to do you start?
Here’s 5 quick and easy tips on jump starting your blog right now.
- Make sure you own your blog. No free blogging websites. Why? You don’t own it you have no control over it. It can be taken down without your knowing about it and instantaneously. Poof … it’s gone. YIKES! You don’t want that happening to you. Use WordPress.
- Too technical – ok work with your web developer on that one. But start blogging with your first topic that is relevant and on point with your business. It must come from you wanting to EDUCATE and not PREACH to your audience. Big difference. Start saving your blogs on a word document and upload it into your blog later. Blog EVERYDAY! Very important!
- Want topics? Check out your competition. What are they saying about their product or services and re-word it. Simple. No more than 70 characters for your title.
- Ideas on content? Start with how you want to educate your customers about what you do. Are you a realtor? Talk about the importance of staging your home, preparation for potential buyers, talk about the local community and how fabulous the schools are. Are you a retailer? Talk about the benefits of the product without mentioning the product. Why you need this. Try not to sound “sellsy”. Customers want genuine advice not a sales pitch.
- Know your audience. Write about your topic in the local area that you know your audience to be. For example, “What is the Local Community Like in San Carlos, California”.
Remember, it is easier for people to find you than it is for you to find them (thanks Bill Belew . So start blogging! Or as Bill Belew would say “Just Hit Publish!”.
Guest Blogger: Josie McHale
Mac Cutting Boards (link )