If I were to blog about the Big Apple….
What would I write about?
1. I’d find me a dozen or more vantage points and set up a camera that takes a picture every minute or hour or so and write a post about what is going on within the pruview of that picture in the city that never sleeps.
2. I’d preview all the restaurants, starting with those I could afford to get in.
3. I’d write about all the sports teams.
4. I’d introduce outsiders to the inside – discuss history, demographics, best commutes and worst, businesses, school districts, clubs and such.
5. I’d write about sister cities to NYC and draw comparisons and contrasts. Did you know that NYC has 10 of them?
Here’s the list –
Santo Domingo (1983)
6. I’d give 10 good reasons to live in NYC and 10 bad ones.
7. I’d go to a site like “on this day” and research all the big events that happened in my lifetime…make predictions maybe about what might be expected.
8. I’d introduce all the tourist traps, um, spots and teach folk how to get there, what to do, where to buy tickets, when to come and when not to.
9. I’d become the expert on the city where I live and anybody who is anybody who was coming to my city would first want to know “What does Bill Belew have to say about New York City?”
10. I’d be a worm inside the Big Apple, sticking my head out and letting people know just how delicious it is inside.
Those are some of the things I’d write about.
How about you?