There is no rocket science involved in content marketing. Even then a lot of businesses fail to get it right most of the times. All you need to do is align the content with your marketing goals in a way that it does not feel like you are forcing your marketing messages on your customers.
To get started with a rocking content marketing strategy, define the following clearly
- Marketing Goals
- Target Audience
- Brand Story
- Type of Content
- Distribution Channels
- Performance Measurement Criteria
Once you define these parameters, you would have a clear idea about what needs to be told and the way it needs to be told.
Just keep a few things in mind
- Don’t tell your customers how smart you are. Show them how useful you are. Content marketing is not about beating your harp. Its about proving to your customers how you can help them.
- Simply claiming that you are an expert in your field will not convince your customers. You will have to prove your knowledge and expertise in the matter through powerful content.
- Content Marketing is not just text. It also includes different ways you can present your data. Whether in the form of Infographics or videos or link baits or memes, the key is to get creative with your content and catch your customers eye at the same time.
- Simply updating your Facebook or Twitter with your latest blog link wont make your content go viral. You need to reach out to your audience in a way that they start engaging with your content.
- Lastly, you need to realize that you are not optimizing your content for search engines for your local SEO marketing. You are creating it for people. Give them what they want to read, is useful to them and they will share it with their social networks without you having to push for it.
Get more such ideas and tips for successful content marketing and local SEO marketing strategies with Bill.
[easy_sign_up title=”Get Free Access to the Content Marketing Forum for Life”]